October Sunshine Crochet Baby Blanket
I found these colors at my local retail store and fell in love with them. I had to make something with them. Cornmeal and Green Tea Leaf by Red Heart yarn.
It's a Basketweave crochet stitch variation. A new twist on an old favorite! Easy and quick to make too! Tossed in a white for contrast! You can choose to start with any color of your choice, just alternate out when the instructions say to do so!
Special Stitch: FPdtr (Front Post double-triple crochet)
YO 3x on your hook,
Go behind the dc TWO rows down,
Draw up a loop,
Pull through two loops on hook,
YO, pull through two loops on hook 2x more. Stitch made.
Measures 31" x 33"
Multiples of 5 plus 1 for base chain
1) dc in 3rd ch and across
2) ch 3 (counts as dc now and throughout), turn, dc in next dc and across, change color
3) ch 3, turn, dc in next 4 dc, *FPdtr using next 5 dc- two rows below, dc in next 5 dc, repeat from * across, dc in tch
4) ch 3, turn, dc in next dc and across, dc in tch, change color
5) ch 3, turn, FPdtr using next 4 dc- two rows below, *dc in next 5 dc, FPdtr using next 5 dc-two rows below, repeat from * to end, dc in tch
6) ch 3, turn, dc in next dc and across, dc in tch, change color
You are going to repeat rows 3-6 until the blanket reaches desired length.
dc - double crochet
FPdtr - Front Post double triple crochet
tch - turning chain
ch - chain