This blanket of yummy Easter colors- purple, blue, pink and yellow- was inspired by the midwife blanket. I admire filet crochet and when I found this stitch I knew I wanted to make something that would POP!
The pattern is SUPER easy, very ideal for the beginner crocheter. It's a multiple of 14 plus 17. However, the way I worked mine up with an even amount of double crochets on the ends to make the filet repeats centered, may not be the way yours works up.
Multiples: 14 + 17 (with variant)
My Finished Size: 30" x 36"
Materials: One skein each of 4 colors of your choice.
Special Stitches: V-stitch= [dc, ch 1, dc] all in same stitchShell= [3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc] all in same stitch
1) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across
2) ch 2, turn, 1 dc in each of next 3 dc, *ch 2, sk next 3 dc, V-stitch in next dc, ch 2, sk next 3 dc, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across to last 10 sts- ch 2, sk next 3 dc, V-stitch in next dc, ch 2, sk next 3 dc, dc in each of 3 remaining dc and in tch
3) ch 2, turn, dc in eac of next 3 dc, *shell in ch1sp of V-stitch, dc in next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in each of last 3 dc and tch
4) ch 2, turn, dc in each of next 3 dc, *ch 2, V-stitch in ch 1 of shell, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in last 3 dc and in tch
5) ch 2, turn, dc in next 3 dc, *2 dc in ch2sp, dc in 1st dc of V-stitch, 2 dc in ch2sp, dc in 2nd dc of V-stitch, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in remaining 3 dc and tch
Repeat rows 2 through 5 until the blanket is your desired length.
I did an even amount of single crochets around the edges, trying to keep it at a multiple of 6 so I could add a shell border.
Did you like this pattern? Please make a donation to keep the free patterns coming!